Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 15 2012

Pos:
The Iowa Hawkeyes post this morning was hilarious, especially so for the pink comments.The very first comment on the article was pink, and did nothing to indicate the shitstorm of idiocy about to be let loose: 
MadOx75 Wed 15 Feb 2012 10:00 AM *applauds the last paragraph*

What followed was this (or some version) over and over and over:  

bmahlerWed 15 Feb 2012 10:36 AM "so for all intensive purposes this story is over. But I'm still harping on "pre Madonna." I know that on the internet, garbled idioms are a diamond dozen, so maybe I shouldn't poke fun." No you shouldn't, since the phrase is "intents and purposes", not "intensive purposes"

The Ninja's work there was delicious.

The SI hashtag post had a ton of great comments, too. No time! Never any time!'s comment was great and had a nice bit of synergy with his username. Sgt. Hammerclaw killed it. Just excellent.

SteveU This is outstanding.
Almost everything in the half-head guy post was good. Such red meat for the hyenas. The Amazing Sneijederman and Can I Borrow A Feeling and Gamboa Constrictor did well there.
Dr. Spaceman Esq. approved jferanda on a comment that made me snicker, too. Well done all around.
Raysism
Bronze Hammer Pointed.
Mattinglys Sideburns Oh, I love that.
I'd gotten used to being annoyed with Medicated World Peace but this little off-kilter line made me laugh.
Radon Zeppelin

I'm not sure how I feel about this Lord Comment thing that someone is doing. I'm of the mind that playing it straight and actually making jokes is the real work, and any dick can sit back and throw stones (yeah, I know) but with his comment here, Lord Comment fired some sharp commentary on the never ending use of that particular joke template, which, when used straight up and without any tweaks is pretty tired. Lord Comment's schtick, while peevish and occasionally annoying isn't particularly threatening or aggressive, like some vigilante "Street Justice" things in the past. It works as much as it does for making you snicker at how obvious and lame his joke is, and think, with a shiver, "do I sound like that?" I hope he doesn't overdo it and makes it work for a little while longer.

Neg:
Can I Borrow A Feeling
More Feeling being Borrowed.
Constipated World Peace ARGH!
Crack Rockies  Dumbass.
SAN-dusky!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making me go back and take another look at the Iowa Hawkeye post. What a pink shit show.
    Work has made it hard to keep up and it's nice having this resource.

    ReplyDelete